Grilled Pineapple with Balsamic GlazeRecipe Blog Post
1 fresh pineapple
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Maple syrup
1 tablespoon O&V Blood Orange oil *
1 tablespoon lime juice
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon chili powder, optional (See blog post)
3 tablespoons O&V Balsamic glaze
Crushed Amaretti cookies
Whipped cream or ice cream
Mint sprigs for garnish
Peel the pineapple, removing any eyes from the fruit. Cut lengthwise into 6 wedges and remove the core. (See Chef Notes for tips on cutting a pineapple)
In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, oil, lime juice, salt, and chili powder (if using). Brush the pineapple with half the mixture and use the remaining for basting once on the grill.
Preheat the grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill the pineapple for 3-4 minutes on each side for slightly “al dente” pineapple, and 5-7 minutes on each side for melt in your mouth slices. Baste occasionally with remaining mixture.
Serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, some crushed amaretti cookies, whipped cream or ice cream and mint sprigs.
Time: 20 minutes
* I love the extra layers of flavor the Blood Orange oil gives the pineapple; it truly adds a special something to the dish. Yes, as always, I love using the products from the Oil & Vinegar franchise, but feel free to substitute products, just remember, that the better the ingredients, the healthier and tastier the outcome.
Cutting a Pineapple:
- Prep your pineapple by cutting off the crown and the bottom – this makes it simpler by keeping the fruit stable on your cutting board.
- Begin slicing the rind off the pineapple following the curve of the fruit. To make it easier, you can also cut the pineapple in half horizontally first, and then remove the rind.
- Once all the rind is off, go back over and slice off any brown eyes that remain.
- Slice into wedges and remove the core.
Categories: Desserts, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sweets, Fruit, Pineapple, Maple Syrup, Blood Orange Oil, Balsamic Glaze, Amaretti Cookies, Mint, Slicing a Pineapple, Grilling Fruit, Easy Dessert, Fruit Dessert